Hire A House Cleaner In Austin TX That Has Low Turnover and Will Stick With You For Awhile
The turnover rate of house cleaners and maid services in Austin, Texas is high because of the nature of work. Most people don’t LOVE cleaning houses and so for people who are doing this type of work, if they feel they are not being appreciated, an employee might leave their house cleaning job. You can reduce the chances by creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for the hard work that they do each day. You can offer opportunities for advancements to encourage them to stay with you. If you are rude to your house cleaner, then in time they will leave the job. Here are some steps to ensure that the house cleaner or maid service sticks with the job.
- Step 1: Hire someone who wants to pursue a career in house cleaning or maid services, not someone who is looking for a temporary job until they find a better one. The home cleaning industry isn’t among the most glamorous professions, it offers very sturdy advancement and work. You can ask an employee what their goal is and what the reason behind doing this job is. If they know the right answers, they will stick with you for as long as you want.
- Step 2: You can provide training to the employees during the first week on the job. Those who are comfortable with the job of cleaning other people’s homes will perform any task with efficiency. A good home cleaner will take much more pride than those who are working on a temporary basis. Creating manuals for training, and offering training sections will help the house cleaning company a lot. It will also send a positive message to the employees that if they do good job, there are chances of advancements. Your house cleaning employee for your Austin, Texas home will start looking at it as a permanent career rather than a temporary job.
- Step 3: You should take reviews from employees, make it yearly. Offer encouragement and praise when someone does beyond the normal task of cleaning a home. This will encourage them to volunteer for more work. Encouraging your house cleaning or maid service team will motivate them to take more difficult jobs, respond to emergency calls, attend overnight shifts, and do last minute house cleaning. You can offer criticism but in a constructive way so that an employee can learn from it. Additional training with criticism will make sure that your house cleaning staff don’t repeat mistakes again and again.
- Step 4: One of the most important things you can do for your maid service employees, is reward them by having a party every now and then. You can arrange a family night or day at a ball game, to boost their moral. Create sense of family among employees so that they feel they are important part of the company rather than a simple employee for a temporary job. Those employees who feel secure and appreciated will stay with your house cleaning company for a long time.
- Step 5: You should create an open line of communication with your house cleaning staff in Austin, Texas so that you can keep track of what types of company improvements are necessary. You can ask employees to add their honest feedback about the job they have been doing. Also, supply your house cleaning staff with training, pay, and healthcare to make sure they have a positive image of the company in mind. Use this information to improve where employee feel insecure or want changes. You can always have occasional health and wellness programs beside healthcare and advancements.
If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy house cleaner in the Austin Texas area, contact A-1 Squeaky Clean at 512.331.0320. We will come to your home in Austin Tx and surrounding areas including, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Lakeway, Leander, Oak Hill, Round Rock and Georgetown Texas.